The mission of the Belmont County Suicide Prevention Coalition shall be to promote suicide prevention as a public health issue and advance evidence-based awareness, intervention and methodology strategies which will support suicide prevention efforts. Our goals, in keeping with the statewide suicide prevention goals are to:
1. Increase awareness about suicide as a public health issue, eliminate stigma, and increase help-seeking behavior for all citizens of Belmont County.
2. Treatment access for a person who has been identified to be struggling with depression and thoughts of suicide
In keeping with our coalition goals, are objectives are as follows:
1. To develop broad-based community support for suicide prevention in Belmont County Ohio
2. Implement public awareness campaigns to reduce stigma, increase community understanding of risk factors and increase the likelihood that those at risk will seek help.
3. Increase community knowledge in identifying and helping those at risk and those affected by suicide.
4. Provide resources/training opportunities for community and professionals locally